Saturday 26 March 2011

I remember one day I was walking down the beach early in the evening. There was a light breeze blowing lightly but with a strange well travelled force that the air seems to have at the coast. I felt the weight of the sun above me even though the light was beginning to fade. I was aware of the sea covering the earth and yet stopping a few metres from my feet and I could hear it like some massive unfathomable mysterious creature breathing in and out, in and out and I became aware that I was aware of all these things, the shudder of the air that is sound, the whisper of the breeze on my skin, the light from a star that has taken the scenic route to me eyes. I was awash with a feeling of a living breathing reality of a world pulsating with life.
I felt the individual grains of sand moving under my foot falls and thought if an eternity is in a grain of sand how many eternities are on this beach. I felt time I imagined how fast the earth was spinning and falling through space and I suddenly felt so connected with it. I realised that everything is connected and I am part of that cycle.
 I wondered at the miracle that the history of a moment is the history of all time and that leaf contains the sun the sky and the earth. But I was most awe stricken by the realisation that I could experience all this, that I could feel it in my bones that my very being was made from the death throws of dying stars, that I myself wasn't an object but was branch of a universal river travelling into the void of infinity constantly changing and flowing that by before a decade is through every cell in my body would be replaced.
I gasped at the epiphany that I wasn't a thing but an idea and it was my perceptions that made me, me, that made a tree a tree and a star a star. I stood a gape at my own God like power. That before we came the world was a chaotic place where energy and matter flowed through the universe in unknown forms but then we came and named the light, separated the heavens and the earth with definitions and saw all the abundance of living creatures and trapped there forms in words.
I realised that we were the creators and that we carry the entirety of existence in our incredible minds.
 Just then I realised I had stepped in dog shit and suddenly thought god damn it there is one of those dog poop bins right over there would it have been that much effort really? I mean god damn it fucking lazy bastards ahhhhhhh! and then I wiped my shoe on the grass and tried to clean it in the sea then walked back to the flat with one wet foot making irritating squelching noises.

No comments:

Post a Comment